Wednesday 14 March 2012

Meet the Powderpuff Girls - Interview with Laura Glover

NEW 
Each month we will interview one of the gals and reveal all their beauty secrets, tips, loves and inspirations.  We do hope you enjoy this peek behind the scenes here at The Powder Room. 

Meet Laura ...

 Laura gives a 1920's make up tutorial to My Chic City at The Powder Room Soho 

 
What's your favourite thing about being a Powderpuff Girl?
Doing hair and make up every day and constantly learning new ways to progress your skills and its always nice to be around people who are about to go out and have fun (the clients that is!)

What is your favourite product?
At the moment its the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter. Massive size and great value for money that's suitable for all to wear.
Available at The Powder Room £16.50


Where did you learn to become a Make up Artist?
I trained at the London College of Fashion with a Diploma in Hair and Make up Styling

What is your favourite era for Hair, Make up and Fashion?
I'm a bit of an allsort really! To do on others I like late 50s - 60s and 1920s but for myself I vary it according to how much effort I can afford on myself! 

Who is your favourite style icon?
Umm, I think it has to be Helena Bonham Carter, she rocks chaos pretty damn well! 

 Helena is always spotted in Vivienne Westwood & Lulu Guinness  

Where is your favourite place to shop?
The internet mainly as I don't enjoy traipsing around the shops

 What is your favourite place in London?
I think Soho for it's diversity and wealth of independent businesses

 
Newburgh Street in Carnaby just a stones throw from The Powder Room Soho 

You can meet Laura at either of The Powder Rooms and might be lucky enough to bump into her at a sophisticated soiree sometime. If you do ask her for her speciality, she does a mean smokey eye! 

If you have a question for the girls email it dolls@thepowderpuffgirls.com 
and we may include it in the next interview 



No comments:

Post a Comment